Before establishing law firm HKV, Martin worked as a senior associate for White & Case in Bratislava and Prague. He obtained extensive experience in the areas of real estate, M&A, corporate, employment, and foreign direct investment by participating in many large-scale privatizations, real estate and corporate acquisitions as well as commercial transactions.
Martin’s practice focuses primarily on buy- and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, general corporate matters including corporate governance matters and employment law.
- Advising a Fortune 100 company in its large corporate spin-off;
- Advising a leading developer in acquisition of an administrative building in Bratislava;
- Represented a Fortune 200 automotive company in connection with its sale of a global automotive electronics business;
- Represented major Slovak producer of electricity in connection with construction of a nuclear power plant
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with its joint venture with major Slovak developer for the purchase and development of a new residential area in Bratislava
- Real Estate
- Litigation & Arbitration
- Public Procurement & State Aid
- Immigration law
- JUDr. (Iuris Doctor), University of P. J. Šafarik, Košice, Slovak Republic, 2007
- Master, University of P. J. Šafarik, Košice, Slovak Republic, 1999
- International and EU Law Studies, Universitá degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”, 1998