Lukáš Michálik joined HKV Law Firm as a paralegal in 2006 and became a partner in 2017. Apart from his extensive practice at HKV, he gathered valuable international experience during his LL.M. studies at University of California, Berkeley Law and short tenure as a state advisor on European Union law to the Government Office of the Slovak Republic.
Lukáš is fascinated by transactions practice and enjoys making deals in various sectors and innovative fields of law. He has handled numerous high-profile M&A deals in the Slovak Republic and surrounding region. With his M&A focus he also periodically leads financing mandates and manages competition law aspects for HKV clients. Lukáš also regularly teaches M&A classes at Slovak law schools.
- Acquisition of controlling stake in major regional railway repair and maintenance shop and setting up joint venture;
- EUR 196,000,000 syndicated acquisition financing arranged by foreign banks to finance a unique project of sale and leaseback of large railway rolling stock;
- Creation of Slovak private equity investment growth fund active in SME sector;
- Aviation transactions involving total of 12 civil aircrafts for various buyers and sellers in the region (including financing and leasing arrangements);
- Railway transactions involving total of 35 locomotives and more than 15.000 railcars;
- Commercial lease restructuring project for international corporation, which consisted of termination of several leases for various buildings in Bratislava and negotiation of a completely new build-to-suit lease of new HQ Building in the prominent part of Bratislava
- Traditional M&A
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Leases
- Master, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, 2010
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley Law, Berkeley, USA, 2012
- Licensed Attorney (Slovak Bar Association), 2013